Monday, February 3, 2014

New Year, New Growth

It's been another month already?! That's how I feel whenever I look at the calendar. I'm caught up in the business of each week and before I know it....WHOOP there it is! The end of the month.

Thanks to God's mercy and grace, this month has been one of growth for me personally. How so? I've had to lay aside my perfectionism, take a serious look at my life in regards to what it means to be a Christian (Read Romans for more information :) and be honest about my inner thoughts and fears. That last one is especially hard, and still in progress. I'd like to share with you a passage that particularly spoke to me this past week. Romans 6:21-22 reads:

"What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. But now having been set free from sin and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, eternal life."

Wow. What fruit (behavior, ways of thinking, effected relationships) do I have to show from my past? Some good, some not so good, some down right nasty. But I have been SET FREE from those things because I have chosen to serve God. I can hand all my bad fruit over to Him, and in return He shows  me how to grow excellent fruit, the kind described in Galatians 5 : ) This tells me loud clear that I have a great testimony. Just in case you had any doubts, YOU have the same testimony! If you don't have it yet, you can!

Speaking of fruit, your prayers have been bringing it! This month I spiced things up a bit and wrote an extra blog entry about being vulnerable (see below). I asked for prayer in regards to my relationships with the people here, and not long after that I began to feel more connected to the family. The children are still children :) but I have been experiencing  extra peace when working with them that allows me to see them in a different light. They are needy, just like me. They are special and if God loves them, I can love them too. And I do, more and more each day.

The next big thing in my schedule is the VBS that Iglesia Betesda is putting on February 24th - 29th.  The theme of the week is the Armour of God, and I will be teaching one of three age groups. Last year, about 90 children attended, but we are expecting a smaller group this year. I am asking you to pray that God would influence every word we say and decision we make regarding that week. Also pray that the children who come would be blessed, challenged and that they would grow in their faith!! We are excited!!

In closing...I appreciate you all so very very much, I can't tell you enough! Knowing that you are there, thinking of me and praying for me, gives me strength to "not grow weary in doing good."

Bless you!

Laura Beth



Contact Information:                                   

Laura Murphree     
Casilla 814
Piura, Peru SA

Under Appointment by:



       



1703 Dalton Road
Lima, NY 14485-9516
Tax-deductible contributions: Checks to Elim Fellowship
"Preferred for Laura Murphree's support"
OR Online Giving at www.elimfellowship.org


No comments:

Post a Comment